The initiative of Beka Natsvlishvili on legal changes in labor relations
07 May 2019
MP, Beka Natsvlishvili along with the Independent Trade Union “Solidarity Network” and the Trade Union of Transport Company “Union 2013”, as well as the Trade Union of Public Broadcaster and the Union of Social Workers held the briefing and offered the legal changes on labor relations. The initiators of the changes demand:
- Immediate application of the labor inspector mandate to the labor rights of the employees;
- Allocation of sufficient number of the judges for labor-related disputes to accomplish the considerations within 3 months (term stipulated under the law);
- Reduction of the number of the specific category fields as all the employees (in every field) cannot be subject to 48-hour working regime;
- Strict regulation of the over-time and definition of over-time remuneration as 1.5 of hourly work;
- Definition of maximal salary 500 GEL (accrued) (actual – 400 GEL) in full time work (40 hours per week) and annual indexation of the minimal salary;
- Definition of the paid maternity leave in private sector.
In line with the social policy and in terms of labor relations, no effective steps are being made and the reforms held are just a mechanical implementation of EUAA commitments.
“If they do not know what reforms to hold to improve the situation, we offer certain reforms as the legal initiative, so on the basis of the wide social campaign”, - he noted.